Monday, April 25, 2011

Malted Robin Egg Cookies

I know Easter is over but I just had to post this recipe.  When it comes to Easter candy, Robin Eggs are hands down my favorite.  I usually buy them right when they appear on the grocery store shelves after Valentine's Day and don't stop eating them until long after Easter.  That's right, I stock up before Easter is over so that I can eat them long after the holiday ends. Yes, I'm that obsessed.  So, a few days ago, it hit me:  Robin Egg Cookies!  Why had I not thought of this before?!  I decided to use my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and add malt powder and crushed Robin Eggs.  I then googled it and apparently lots of other people have thought up this concoction too.  Anyways, they turned out delicious, chewy and perfect for Easter!!  So cute and colorful.

Malted Robin Egg Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup malted milk powder
3 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups robin eggs

Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips.  Place Robin Eggs in a ziploc bag and seal.  Crush candy eggs with a rolling pin.  Add Robin Eggs to dough and mix until combined.  Scoop onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 11 minutes.

1 comment:

taralynn819 said...

These are in the oven right now for our May basket recipients! (And ours too! I can't stop eating the dough! Malt powder is awesome.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...