Monday, April 18, 2011

Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Every where I look, people are browning their butter.
It seems to be the latest trend in baking and I am all about butter so I had to try it out.  
When it comes to fashion trends, I am usually about a year behind.  I have never caught up since having my first baby 12 years ago.
Baking is a different story.  
If something doesn't work out, nobody has to know about it.  Well, lucky for you, this brown butter cookie worked out just fine and had a great flavor and texture to it.
I got the recipe off of Picky Palate so you know it's a good one because that girl knows her goodies.

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 bag chocolate chips

*Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan to melt.  Once melted, watch carefully.  It will foam, then boil, then little brown bits will start to form around the sides and bottom of pan.  Once butter turns a golden brown, remove from heat.  Transfer to a glass bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.  Mix both sugars together then add the brown butter, eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add dry ingredients and then chocolate chips.  Scoop onto cookie sheet and sprinkle tops with sea salt.  Bake for 9-10 minutes at 375.  Let cool for 5 minutes on pan before transferring to cooling rack.

2 comments:

Jade said...

I love browned butter. I could drink it. Ok just kidding that's gross.
Oh and I so would trade our cold spring weather for your hot weather. I can't wait for summer!

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! I will add that to my BB list of things to try. Oh, you didn't know that I spent a good hour copy and pasting recipes that I needed to try? Well I did.

PS. You are so ahead of the game when it comes to food!

Malia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...