Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies

I made these cookies last Saturday and they were a hit!  In fact, my nephew Tucker loved them and told me they were the best cookies.  And believe me, that says a lot!  He's not much of an eater.  I liked the dough better than the actual cookie but I'm a sucker for cookie dough.  By Saturday night, these cookies were gone.  Done and done.



Heath Bar Cookies


2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped Heath Bar pieces (Eight 1.4 ounce bars) or 1 (8-ounce) package of chocolate-covered or regular toffee bits


Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Next, add baking soda, salt and flour.  Pour in toffee bits.  Chill dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.  Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes.


Recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...